The importance of improving your local search reach cannot be denied. I’ve put together here 7 ways to boost local SEO.
Having a better reach increases the potential for generating more leads, which can easily turn into more sales by having an effective sales funnel.
The following are some of the ways in which local businesses can gain exposure and gain an edge against competitors on search results from Google or other high traffic search engines.
This is done by building citations and back-links from networks with high traffic and authority.
That and a strategic content creation plan are crucial for Geo-based SEO.
1. Boost Local SEO using YouTube
Creating a YouTube channel for your business is a great way of raising brand awareness via search and also boost local SEO.
Here are some ways in which you can get started:
- Write a description, and add a full great introduction to each of your videos.
- Add your NAPW (Business Name, Address, Phone, and Website) at the bottom of your introduction.
- Make sure the title is optimized for your city, state and targeted keyword.
- Add your keywords, business name, city and state as tags for your videos.
- Group your videos into related playlists. Be sure to add keyword, city and state to each playlist.
- Add your NAPW to your YouTube Channel description.
The main reason why you should use YouTube to promote your business is that Google ranks videos higher than traditional text content.
Of course, videos need to be well optimized.
2. Boost Local SEO using Instagram
Instagram is a fantastic social network for local businesses, because it provides a great way to connect to location-based audiences with hashtags, location Pins, and don’t forget that it can rank well on Google.
Also, the new micro-video sharing feature provided by Instagram is great to share more pictures, video and graphics content with your followers.
And the new “Instagram Stories” helps you keep you in the mind of your followers with minimum effort.
Here is how to localize your Instagram page:
- If your company is hyper-local is recommended to add your city and state as part of your company name.
- On the “About” section add a little company description follow by your NAPW.
- Be sure to Pin your business when you share a photo or pictures from your company.
3. Boost Local SEO using Your Facebook Page
Since your own website cannot dominate all your targeted local search spots, you need more high ranking social media outlets that can promote your business for you.
To protect the presence of your brand online, it is important to create and claim your company profile or page on Facebook, because Google loves Facebook Pages, and if you optimize it the right way, you can boost local SEO and gain a top ranking for your targeted keywords.
Here is how:
- First, make sure to fill every area of the about area of your Facebook Page, this is crucial in order to gain Facebook trust.
- Include your website and local phone number.
- Add your company story and add some city name as part of the story.
- In the “About” section add what your company specialize on, any special offer, and your company NAPW.
- Your company hours is also important, but you can leave the “Price” section blank.
- In the “General Section” list all your services or type of products you offer.
- Also, is very important to keep your page up to date with relevant content (Industry, Location, Company)
4. Boost Local SEO using LinkedIn
You can easily build a presence for your business by using LinkedIn.
All you have to do to get started is enter your name and company email address, verify your eligibility to create a page on your company’s behalf and get started. It’s really that simple.
Here are a few steps to take:
- Make sure to write a least 250 words company description with a little bit of the history to make it engaging.
- Add your NAPW in the bottom of your company description.
- Be sure to add your website and right industry to your page.
Slideshare can be an incredible asset that can affirm your brand messaging with your audience and future customers, or it can even increase brand awareness in the mind of potential customers.
Rather than waiting or hoping for the best, be proactive.
You can claim a free Slideshare profile for yourself and your company.
Then is all about sharing great PDF or PowerPoint format content that is relevant to your industry and also to your city or state.
Here is how to optimize it for local:
- Choose the right city and state in the Location section.
- On the business, profile adds specific industry, and for personal add what you specialize on.
- Add your website, not a landing page. For national, Global, or multi-location companies add a link to your “Contact Us” landing page.
- On your business profile add your local phone number.
- Add a good company description on the “About” section, then include your business NAPW right after.
- Also, remind yourself to connect your Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+ accounts with your profile.
6. Boost Local SEO using Pinterest
Optimizing Pinterest boards can not only help a business rank higher on search engines for key terms, but it also improves the probability of your business website showing up more within Pinterest searches as well.
- Remember that if your audience is hyper-local add your city and state to your business name on Pinterest.
- If not having a few geo-targeted Boards can help you increase local visibility on the network, plus gain local search exposure for your business website and your Pinterest Pins.
- Use Pinterest Geo-Based boards to build a local following.
- Don’t forget to add your NAPW to your profile description, your local targeted Boards, and company news Pins.
7. Boost Local SEO using Press Releases
Press Releases supports a company’s marketing and Advertising efforts, but, only when it is done the right way. The best way to create interest in your press releases is by leveraging the interest in current events to create a hook for your company.
PR is also a fantastic way to gain brand awareness and build high-level citations which would help increase your local search rankings.
In my next posts, I’m going to dig deeper on how to actually optimized these and other online presence for better search visibility.
Of course, there more strategies on how to get each of those web presences optimized for Google and other search engines, but the methods mentioned above are a powerful way to increase visibility.