Marketing has seen a complete turnaround in the last few years, where social media has risen proudly in the hierarchy. Owing to this, social media marketing has become a buzzword in the business world. Companies use more than one social media channel to generate brand awareness.
Why so? Because an Adobe report states that, “Social media is the most relevant advertising channel for 50% of Gen Z and 42% of millennials.”
Now, there should be no questions regarding why social media is an integral part of a company’s marketing plans. And the entry of a remote work tool is nothing less than a blessing for social experts, as they can handle the complexities of social media marketing from anywhere and at any time.
Are Project Management Tools Important for Social Media Marketing?
Even for social media managers, between, keeping up with social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn is quite a challenge. Apart from these social media giants, other platforms like YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc. want equal attention.
Considering the emergence of new social media platforms, it is a matter of time when coping up with promotions running on multiple channels will become a herculean task.
Despite having a suite of skills, no two days are the same in the life of a social media manager. And losing track of projects happens quite often. So, mastering the technique of managing interruptions has become the need of the hour.
24 hours in a day don’t seem enough, especially when you have so many tasks on your to-do list.
Brands across the globe require an enormous amount of time for planning and executing their social media strategies. This happens because of never-ending jobs like creating posts, images, managing the ideal posting schedule across multiple platforms, etc.
Evidently, organizations have one or two professionals dedicated to running their social media arm. Having said that, Buffer’s State of Social 2019 report has revealed that 85% of businesses use third-party tools to manage their social media marketing activities. In simple words, they have been using Project Management Tools.
What Are The Advantages of Using a Project Management Tool?
You may be the more organized social media manager, but you will struggle while managing your social media calendars, content creation process, and teams without solid project management software.
The advantages of using a project management tool are many.
It helps you plan your social marketing efforts, keep track of them from launch to completion, initiate collaborations, etc. so that you manage your projects perfectly. What’s more, it aids in managing department co-ordinations, client liaisons, and task priorities.
In the midst of social media management frenzy, the project management tool comes in really handy as it keeps everything organized and on track.
What Are The Top Project Management Tools To Look Out For In 2020?
There are plenty of options in the market that can contribute to different parts of the social media marketing process. At the same time, it gets difficult to find an ideal social media project management tool for your business, especially if you are new to the field.
Airtable is one of the most well-known tools in the project management arena but there are also many Airtable alternatives too that might fit your needs better. Here, we are with the top 5 project management tools that can make a social media marketer’s life tons easier.
ProProfs Project is a comprehensive and responsive social media project management tool that is associated with a number of productivity benefits. Features like task delegation, project tracking, team collaboration, report generation, etc. are enough to catch the eyes of social media managers.
Most importantly, it allows managers to work on multiple projects simultaneously and with advanced functionalities like project calendar, Gantt charts, time tracking, and automated invoicing. ProProfs Project is an ideal tool, as it simplifies work segregation, task management, and budget allocation.
The application works on both Android and iOS devices, and its potential can be further expanded with advanced add-ons.
All in all, social media managers can stay on top of their game by exploiting this robust project management tool.
- Project planning
- Project estimation
- Shared calendar
- Team collaboration
- Budget management
- Task prioritization can be done by color-coding, so teams working on projects first complete crucial assignments.
- Task assignment is greatly simplified as you can choose an administrator of each project for task delegation
- Powerful reporting and analytics tools save you a significant amount of time
- You can try the paid plans of ProProfs Project through a 15-day free trial
- ‘Forever Free’ plan at $0 per month for up to 3 projects with 10 users and unlimited guests
- ‘Solopreneur’ plan at $19 per month for up to 10 projects with unlimited users, teams, and guests
- ‘Team’ plan at $49 per month for up to 50 projects with unlimited users, teams, and guests
- ‘Unlimited’ plan at $199 per month for unlimited projects, users, teams, and guests
Worried about your projects going off the track because of poor time management skills? Your immediate solution is the implementation of a cloud-based project management tool.
Asana, top project management software, boasts of 30,000 paid clients across the globe. It offers a simple interface that businesses can use to manage projects of all types and sizes.
The focal point of the platform is teamwork. With Asana, all active projects on the system can be divided into tasks and then subdivided into sub-tasks. Plus, it is possible to arrange them into different sections.
With this effective online collaboration tool, you can assist social media teams in locating content, scheduling posts, and so on. In addition, you will be delighted with apt task management, automatic notifications, dashboards, and mobile applications (both iOS and Android).
- Task management
- Document management
- Project tracking
- Team collaboration
- Reporting and Analytics
- Asana works best for small social media teams, especially those having three to five users, which gives the manager more in-depth insights into each individual project and tasks
- With a simple interface, the platform is great for prioritizing tasks. Team members get instant alerts as soon as the priority of any task gets changed
- Asana’s calendar view with its enhanced timeline feature is a primary reason why many users prefer working on this software. It offers a complete overview of where each task and project stands and what’s on deck
- You can try all the paid Asana plans for a specific period of time
- ‘Basic’ plan at $0 per month for up to 15 teammates
- ‘Premium’ plan at $13.49 per user/month
- ‘Business’ plan at $30.49 per user/month
- Request a custom quote for the ‘Enterprise’ plan by getting in touch with Asana’s Sales team
Teamwork is a project management software loved by 20,000 companies worldwide.
Teamwork is a feature-rich tool great for project management with features such as task management, time tracking, reporting, resource management and more.
Teamwork ensues when tasks and sub-tasks are assigned to various individual teams or specific team members. At the helm of things is the Project Manager, in this case, a Social Media Manager, who communicates on status updates for various projects with the entire team using a single dashboard.
- Project Management
- Board View
- Time Tracking
- Client Users
- Simple to use, yet powerful.
- You can manage multiple complex projects with ease.
- Integrates with Slack, Zapier, QuickBooks and more.
- There’s a free plan which includes a maximum of 5 users, 2 projects and 100 MB of storage.
- A Pro plan that starts at $10 a month per user when billed annually or $12.50 if billed monthly. This plan gives you 300 projects, 100 GB of storage, integrations, templates and more.
- A Premium plan that starts at $18 per user when billed annually or $22.50 if billed monthly. The Premium plan gives you space for 600 projects and 250 GB of storage and much more.
- There is also a custom Enterprise plan but you would have to contact Teamwork sales to discuss your needs.
Are you questioning your leadership qualities because of your inability to handle multiple social media projects and teams simultaneously?
Buffer is a social media management platform that fits in with the operations of SMBs perfectly. It lends a hand when you have to share posts on multiple social platforms at various times in a 24 hour period.
Available in an application format, Buffer enables access to its platform via a single dashboard, where you can set up all of your campaigns in advance. This is followed by customizing individual posts as per the requirements of specific social media platforms and selecting a time and date for them to go live.
Plus, if you need to create and share social media posts on the go, you can do so by using Buffer’s browser extension and mobile app. Moreover, by adding its plugin to the browser, social media managers can Buffer any page or image across on the web.
Gantt access makes the platform even more powerful, as it helps to manage the level of permissions to access information and material allocated for each project. The software also claims to have a robust analytics system that allows social media managers to assess the type of content that is resonating with their demographics.
- Creating social posts
- Social media planning
- Engagement measurement
- Team management
- Reporting and analytics
- Remembering the time and dates to share posts is no longer a hassle
- You do not have to switch between different social media platforms for sharing posts, as Buffer’s unified dashboard lets you work on your social media projects seamlessly
- Integrate with third-party applications such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. and customize content for each platform
- Start a free trial on any of the three paid plans for a limited period of time
- ‘Pro’ plan at $15 per month for up to 1 user only
- ‘Premium’ plan at $65 per month for up to 2 users
- ‘Business’ plan at $99 per month for up to 6 users
Do you find yourself opening multiple windows to access tools to get your social media campaigns going? Why invest in unnecessary platforms? Instead, opt for a robust project management tool that concentrates on one major goal: ‘Out with the old and in with the new.’
Having been well-established as a social media management platform, CoSchedule offers several great features accessible conveniently from a single dashboard.
Besides offering a striking marketing calendar, CoSchedule is also suitable for task management. Be it organizing your content or doing social media marketing, your team will be able to get their assigned tasks done aptly.
The software also offers analytics and facilitates collaboration. Users can store projects in the content library. These files can be further cataloged and then tagged using labels.
Plus, social media managers can share live updates on projects with all relevant stakeholders. It enables integration with major external applications such as MailChimp, Evernote, WordPress, Google Docs, Campaign Monitor, etc. Now, you can understand why it is a top choice among project management tools available in the market today.
- Automate social schedules
- Real-time social calendar
- Social media management
- Task management
- Automated team workflows
- The drag and drop feature helps in planning, promoting, and executing your entire social media strategy effortlessly
- Create and save a template to design future posts swiftly
- Access ReQueue, a social automation feature that uses artificial intelligence to engage and interact with your entire social schedule and extracts insights to share messages at the most optimal audience viewing times
- Try out the software on their ‘Blog Calendar’ or ‘Marketing Calendar’ plans for a period of 14 days, no credit card guarantee required
- ‘Blog Calendar’ at $24 per user/month
- ‘Marketing Calendar’ at $49 per user/month
- Contact the Sales Department to get a quotation on the ‘Marketing Suite’ plan
Looking for a more specialized platform to tackle complex social media projects? Your quest ends with Sprout Social, dedicated cloud-based software that streamlines your entire social media communication by integrating all of your social tools into one location.
Sprout Social is yet another top social media project management tool that is worth a glance. It is a Sprout’s all-in-one management platform that has been specifically designed for busy social media managers. With its focus firmly on making the lives of social media managers easy, it enables brands to find, form, and deepen the connections with their social audience.
The platform offers powerful task management features that enable social media managers to get approvals for planned tasks quickly. With Sprout Social, you get access to one of the best single-stream inboxes that help you manage your social media messages efficiently.
It simplifies team collaboration and also ensures that you manage your social service and online reputation proficiently.
Savvy social media marketers are drawn to Social Sprout, as the platform consistently secures tangible ROIs from all performed social media activities. Make use of its intelligent analytics and reporting tools to extract network-level insights and to collect information about engagement for report generation.
While faster communication is the main focus, the software claims to be an excellent social media management tool.
- Social content calendar
- Review management
- Trend analysis
- Helpdesk integration
- Chatbots and automation tools
- Enhance visibility, improve responsiveness, and boost efficiency by eliminating engagement roadblocks using Sprout’s easy-to-use toolset
- Take complete control by using automated features and customizable workflow from a unified dashboard
- Increase overall business productivity and foster effective teamwork by assigning tasks, prioritizing jobs, and initiating quick approvals
- Try Sprout Social for free with a 30 day trial on any of the plans – Standard, Professional or Advanced without any credit card guarantee
- ‘Standard’ plan at $99 per user/month
- ‘Professional’ plan at $149 per user/month
- ‘Advanced’ plan at $249 per user/month
Revisiting Your Steps
Irrespective of which project tool for social media marketing you end up selecting, just buying the software alone will not drive social media marketers to achieve their objectives. The tool is primarily a medium that gives direction.
A lot also depends on how social media managers are receptive to the change in the work culture. While the platform may be exciting, the question is – does a change in the workflow have a positive impact at all?
If you get an affirmative response to this question, purchase the software and get your social media team working on it. Remember that scalability only happens in the right environment.
All in all, find the perfect tool that complements your skills related to social media management.
You can even think about a combination of unique applications, as social media campaigns have different needs at different stages. In a nutshell, the right project management tools ensure that your social media team does not get side-tracked and continues to knock their goals out of the park.
Thanks for reading!